As part of BMI’s commitment to “Imaging Safely” we have implemented additional safety measures to ensure all patients feel comfortable when attending for their imaging.
- Imaging undertaken by appointment only to support social distancing and wellness checking via completion of a Health Questionnaire at time of booking.
- For all routine patients, imaging is scheduled at BMI Barwon Health North, McKellar Centre and University Hospital Geelong sites, removing potential COVID exposure risks.
- A dedicated and separate imaging site for patients with respiratory symptoms is co-located alongside Barwon Health’s Acute Respiratory Clinic at the former Geelong Private Hospital site.
- All patients to wear a mask on attendance
- All staff wearing appropriate masks and PPE
- Temperature checking for all patients on arrival for their appointment
- Additional social distancing measures in place for staff and patients
- Increased infection control procedures implemented in consultation with Barwon Health Infectious Prevention team across all our sites
Separate imaging site reserved for acute respiratory patients
BMI at University Hospital Geelong – Building B (former Geelong Private Hospital) has been set up to support the Barwon Health Acute Respiratory Clinic and to provide access to imaging for patients with respiratory symptoms.
This site has been specifically modified in consultation with Barwon Health Infection Prevention to safely image x-ray, CT and ultrasound patients who are experiencing respiratory or potentially COVID related symptoms. This includes escorted entry with appropriate personal protective equipment.
Patients attending this site can be assured they are cared for appropriately throughout their imaging.
By Appointment Only
Imaging will be undertaken by appointment only and our team will undertake a screening questionnaire with all patients at time of booking and/or arrival.
If you are unwell, have a fever, cough and difficulty breathing, please seek medical attention or call the Coronavirus Community/Public phone line on 1800 675 398 for further advice.
Should you have respiratory symptoms you will scheduled an appointment at our dedicated respiratory clinic site and be asked to wear a mask during your appointment.
Please note new social distancing guidelines are now in place at all our imaging sites, we ask that you:
- Attend your imaging appointment alone, unless you have been specifically requested to bring someone with you, require assistance or an interpreter
- No children are permitted to accompany you
- Please stand back from our reception counters on arrival
- In waiting rooms – maintain social distancing from other patients
- For you imaging exam, you will be required to attend the imaging room by yourself – for pregnancy scans a USB/CD of your imaging can be provided.
We thank you for helping us protect our staff and patients.
Imaging Enquiries & Appointments: T. 4215 0300
As part of Barwon Health- BMI has undertaken extensive consultation with Barwon Health Infection Prevention team to ensure that appropriate infection prevention measures have been implemented across all our sites.
This includes additional cleaning of imaging equipment and patient touch points between patients, availability of hand sanitiser for patients and staff, supported by increased access to personal protective equipment such as face masks, gloves and gowns for both patients and staff.
Have more questions about COVID-19?
Contact the Community Support Line on: 1800 675 398