Barwon Health Security Password Requirements – September 2018
Clinician passwords MUST be reset
As part of Barwon Health’s (BH) ongoing IT system security improvements to meet BH IT new security standards and Barwon Health policy there is a new requirement for all clinicians accessing Barwon Health systems to have a 10 digit password.
If you provide services to Barwon Health and have already changed your Barwon Health log-in credentials to meet the new 10 digit password criteria you do not need to take any further action.
However, on 14th September, 2018 any clinicians whose passwords that do not meet the new standard will have their access disabled temporarily until they create their new compliant password.
Should you be locked out and require immediate access to bmiViewer or Synapse for patient care – please contact 4215 0359 for a registered temporary access code.
We remind clinicians that as per Barwon Health Confidentiality and Security Agreements –you agree to not disclose your log in credentials and acknowledge that access to BH confidential information is subject to audit by Barwon Health.
Creating your new password
Clinicians can complete the “Barwon Health Update Password Request Form”Barwon Health Confidentiality Form and return via facsimile to T. 4215 0444 available in the Download section on the right hand side. Clinicians will then be notified by email when their new password has been activated.
Your new password must meet the following requirements:
* A minimum 10 characters in length
* At least one lower case letter
* At least one upper case letter
* At least one number
* Cannot contain your name
During Business Hours – please contact Narelle Lawless – Clinical Support and Communications Manager, Barwon Medical Imaging for assistance T. 4215 0359. Please ensure that you have a new compliant 10 digit password ready.
We apologise for any inconvenience caused, and will work with clinicians to retain access to our electronic images and reports.
24 Hour Access to Images and Reports
Clinicians have 24 hr access to BMI images and reports via two platforms – bmiViewer and Synapse 5.4 – both operate on as a web-based viewing platform.
In order to gain access, each doctor/referrer is required to complete a Barwon Health Confidentiality Agreement (if they have not already done so). Please print from the download section and return via facsimile 4215 0447.
Once Barwon Health has generated a username and password, you will be contacted – and provided with the details, giving you immediate access to BMI Images and Reports.
To register your details with Barwon Health to gain access to BMI Electronic images and Reports please click here
bmiViewer – On-demand image and report access on any device 24/7 (web-based)
- Needs only a compatible web browser (HTML 5 compatible)
- Works on all internet devices and PC’s including Apple Mac
- Responsive template – enabling use on iPads and Tablets (smartphone – not designed for small screens)
- Quick image viewing
- 6 months of images and 5 years of report archives available
Refer to the downloads section to access “Getting Started with bmiViewer” and a “Quick Reference Guide”.
Synapse 5.4 is now live – July 2018
The new Synapse 5.4 is now available to clinicians (from Monday 16th July 2018).
Please note current Synapse installed locally at practices is no longer accessible.
New Synapse 5.4
Enables medical practitioners to view images and reports with greater diagnostic functionalities 24/7.
- Now web-based – does not require any localised installation and is compatible with Internet Explorer 11 (IE11), Chrome and Safari.
- Provides access to high-quality diagnostic images with greater functionality for image viewing
- Full access to patient’s’ complete imaging history – from 2007 onwards (images and reports)
Accessing Synapse 5 is easy – simply use this link – SYNAPSE 5.4 (using either IE11, Chrome or Safari) and save the link to your browser for future use.
- You will need to allow “pop-ups” for this web address
- If you wish to save the URL to bookmarks/favourites please do this after you log in with the Barwon Health username and password.
Please note that you will require a Barwon Health username and password to gain access.
Note: Synapse 5.4 – IS NOT compatible with earlier versions of IE. If you are running IE9 or IE10 – you will need to access Synapse 5 via Chrome.
Already a Synapse user?
You can now remove the old Synapse program from your computers – it is no longer operational or supported from 18th May 2018.
Synapse 5.4 – How to Guides
- View the following training videos to learn how to navigate in Synapse 5
- BMI Synapse 5 Pocket Guide is available in the Downloads section on the right hand side of your screen.
- Should you experience issues with “pop-up’s” being blocked by your browser please refer to the “Configuring Chrome” or “Configuring Internet Explorer” downloads.
Electronic Result Distribution System (Pulse)
For further information and to register please click here
Need further assistance?
Narelle Lawless – Clinical Support and Communication Manager
T. 4215 0359