Download here – Barwon Health Confidentiality Form
24 Hour Access to Images and Reports
bmiViewer – Now Live (24/12/2019)
Clinicians will need to use the new URL below and save to Bookmarks.
bmiViewer is now also able to retrieve all historical images – simply select the study from the left hand “Patient Studies” menu.
NEW – PASSPHRASE & TWO FACTOR AUTHENTICATION REQUIREMENTS
As part of Barwon Health’s (BH) ongoing IT system security improvements to meet BH IT new security standards and Barwon Health policy there is a new requirement for all clinicians accessing Barwon Health systems to upgrade to a new Passphrase (replacing previous password requirements).
In addition, two-factor authentication will also be required. To support this clinicians will need to provide their personal mobile telephone number and personal email address when registering with Barwon Health or requesting a passphrase update.
Creating your new Passphrase:
Clinicians will need to complete a Passphrase Request Form (please download from the Download Section on the right of your screen) and return via facsimile to F. 4215 0444.
Alternatively, contact Narelle Lawless – Clinical Support and Communications Manager, Barwon Medical Imaging for assistance on T. 4215 0359. Please ensure that you have a new compliant 13 character passphrase ready.
Your new passphrase must meet the following requirements:
* A minimum 13 characters in length
* No upper case or number requirements
* Cannot contain your name
* Think passphrase rather than password (try 3 random words)
Barwon Health will provide clinicians with confirmation when their log-in credentials have been updated, including instructions on how the two-factor authentication will work.
Please contact T. 4215 0359 for further assistance during this time.
Electronic Viewing Systems
Clinicians have 24 hr access to BMI images and reports via two platforms – bmiViewer and Synapse 5.4 – both operate on as a web-based viewing platform.
In order to gain access, each doctor/referrer is required to complete a Barwon Health Confidentiality Agreement (if they have not already done so). Please print from the download section and return via facsimile 4215 0447.
Once Barwon Health has generated a username and passphrase, you will be contacted and provided with the details, giving you immediate access to BMI Images and Reports.
To register your details with Barwon Health to gain access to BMI Electronic images and Reports please click here
Already Registered and having trouble accessing BMI Electronic Images and reports.?
bmiViewer – On-demand image and report access on any device 24/7 (web-based)
- Needs only a compatible web browser (HTML 5 compatible)
- Works on all internet devices and PC’s including Apple Mac
- Responsive template – enabling use on iPads and Tablets (smartphone – not designed for small screens)
- Quick image viewing
- 6 months of images and 5 years of report archives available
Refer to the downloads section to access “Getting Started with bmiViewer” and a “Quick Reference Guide”.
Synapse 5.4 is currently NOT AVAILABLE to clinicians outside of Barwon Health whilst awaiting upgrade to meet the new two-factor security requirements.
Please use bmiViewer on the URL above.
New Synapse 5.4
Enables medical practitioners to view images and reports with greater diagnostic functionalities 24/7.
- Now web-based – does not require any localised installation and is compatible with Internet Explorer 11 (IE11), Chrome and Safari.
- Provides access to high-quality diagnostic images with greater functionality for image viewing
- Full access to patient’s’ complete imaging history – from 2007 onwards (images and reports)
Accessing Synapse 5 is easy – simply use this link – SYNAPSE 5.4 (using either IE11, Chrome or Safari) and save the link to your browser for future use.
- You will need to allow “pop-ups” for this web address
- If you wish to save the URL to bookmarks/favourites please do this after you log in with the Barwon Health username and password.
Please note that you will require a Barwon Health username and password to gain access.
Note: Synapse 5.4 – IS NOT compatible with earlier versions of IE. If you are running IE9 or IE10 – you will need to access Synapse 5 via Chrome.
Already a Synapse user?
You can now remove the old Synapse program from your computers – it is no longer operational or supported from 18th May 2018.
Synapse 5.4 – How to Guides
- View the following training videos to learn how to navigate in Synapse 5
- BMI Synapse 5 Pocket Guide is available in the Downloads section on the right hand side of your screen.
- Should you experience issues with “pop-up’s” being blocked by your browser please refer to the “Configuring Chrome” or “Configuring Internet Explorer” downloads.
Electronic Result Distribution System (Pulse)
For further information and to register please click here
Need further assistance?
Narelle Lawless – Clinical Support and Communication Manager
T. 4215 0359