Synapse 5 Upgrade – delayed
The new Synapse 5 upgrade has commenced, but will not be available for clinicians until early June 2018 – this was unanticipated and we apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.
Medical professionals should continue to use bmiViewer until the upgrade is completed which has current images +6 months and 5 years of reports. Historical imaging for patients outside this period can be facilitated by contacting T. 4215 0359.
Clinics will be advised when Synapse 5 will be available for access.
Please note current Synapse installed locally at practices is no longer accessible.
Should clinicians require access to Synapse during this interim period, a modified program compatible with Internet Explorer 9-11 is available. Download instructions can be provided by emailing the Clinical Support Manager or by phoning T. 4215 0359.
Please continue to monitor our website for future updates.
24 Hour Access to Images and Reports
Clinicians have 24 hr access to BMI images and reports via two platforms – Synapse 5 and bmiViewer – both are now a web-based viewing system from early June 2018.
In order to gain access, each doctor/referrer is required to complete a Barwon Health Confidentiality Agreement (if they have not already done so). Please print from the download section and return via facsimile 4215 0447.
Once Barwon Health has generated a username and password, you will be contacted – and provided with the details, giving you immediate access to BMI Images and Reports.
To register your details with Barwon Health to gain access to BMI Electronic images and Reports please click here
21st May 2018 – Synapse 5 Launch
New Synapse 5
Enables medical practitioners to view images and reports with greater diagnostic functionalities 24/7.
- Now web-based – does not require any localised installation and is compatible with Internet Explorer 11 (IE11), Chrome and Safari.
- Provides access to high-quality diagnostic images with greater functionality for image viewing
- Full access to patient’s’ complete imaging history – from 2007 onwards (images and reports)
Accessing Synapse 5 is easy – from 21st May 2018 simply use this link – SYNAPSE 5 and save to your browser – noting that you will require a Barwon Health username and password to gain access.
Note: Synapse 5 – IS NOT compatible with earlier versions of IE. If you are running IE9 or IE10 – you will need to access Synapse 5 via Chrome.
Already a Synapse user?
Should you currently have the older version of Synapse locally installed at your practice, you simply need to open here – SYNAPSE 5 using either IE11, Chrome or Safari and save the link to your browser for future use.
You can now remove the old Synapse program from your computers – it is no longer operational or supported from 18th May 2018.
Synapse 5 – How to Guides
- View the following training videos to learn how to navigate in Synapse 5
- BMI Synapse 5 Pocket Guide is available in the Downloads section on the right hand side of your screen.
- Should you experience issues with “pop-up’s” being blocked by your browser please refer to the “Configuring Chrome” or “Configuring Internet Explorer” downloads.
bmiViewer – On-demand image and report access on any device 24/7 (web-based)
- Needs only a compatible web browser (HTML 5 compatible)
- Works on all internet devices and PC’s including Apple Mac
- Responsive template – enabling use on iPads and Tablets (smartphone – not designed for small screens)
- Quick image viewing
- 6 months of images and 5 years of report archives available
Refer to the downloads section to access “Getting Started with bmiViewer” and a “Quick Reference Guide”.
Electronic Result Distribution System (Pulse)
For further information and to register please click here
Need further assistance?
Narelle Lawless – Clinical Support and Communication Manager
T. 4215 0359